Monday, November 24, 2014

C4T #4

I choose to comment Primary Tech by Kathleen Morris. Her blog post, The 2014 New School Year, was about blogging in the classroom. She started by saying that she was a new mom, and that she wouldn't be teaching this school year so she could stay with her baby. Kathleen went on to say that even though she wasn't teaching, she planned to stay in the educational loop. She then shared links to older post she had done about blogging in the classroom. In my comment, I told Kathleen who I was, and about EDM 310. I congratulated her on the baby, and then I asked if she felt she had managed to stay in the educational loop through the internet. I told her thanks for sharing her resources and ideas, and that I had pinned two of the links she shared to Pinterest. Finally, I told her I enjoyed reading her blog.

The second time I commented on Kathleen Morris's blog, I commented on her post, Blogging and the Literacy Curriculum. In this post, Kathleen explains that she has been using blogging in her classroom for several years, and that the concept of literacy education is changing as technology evolves. She says that students need to be transliterate, and that teaching them how to read and write on paper is no longer adequate. Her students comment on their classmates blogs, just like we do in EDM 310. She also uses blogging instead of unrealistic writing tasks that won't be used in the real world. In my comment, I told her about EDM 310 and how we have learned a lot about blogging in the classroom. I also told her that I like how she incorporated it into her lessons, and that knowing people from around the world are seeing your work is a great motivator for her students. I also told her I hoped that I could incorporate it into my classroom as well as she did, and that I enjoyed reading her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment