Monday, November 24, 2014

Blog Post #5 Part 2

Throughout this semester, my Personal Learning Network has really expanded. I have subscribed to many blogs that I found through our C4T's, and I keep up with them regularly. I also comment on their blog posts, and pin posts that I really like to my Pinterest board, Pinterest: Teaching by Brooke Allen. Along with pinning their blogs, I have pinned many photo's that I find on teacher blogs as well.  While reading blogs from our C4T's, I have found countless other teachers blogs that I read and comment on. Overall, I would say that blogging and Pinterest are the most useful resources for my Personal Learning Network.

While I do scroll the my Twitter everyday, I haven't found it to be very useful. Social media has never been something that I spent much time on, and I didn't even have a Twitter prior to having to make one for this class. I substitute teach Monday's, Wednesday's, and Fridays, I have classes Tuesday and Thursdays, I babysit 3 days a week in the afternoon, I have homework, I do volunteer work, I need to sleep every once in a while, and I also spend time with my family, friends, and boyfriend. Finding time for things like Twitter and Facebook is just very difficult for me. While I have yet to find Twitter to be overly interesting and useful, I will continue to use it in hopes that I will discover how awesome it is according to Dr. Strange and many of my friends. One things that I do like about Twitter is hashtags. I love being able to see thousands of tweets about something like PLN's all by just pressing a button. I also use hashtags on Instagram. One of my favorites to look at is #teachersofinstagram.

A list of 10 ways to build your PLN.Along with all of the tools online, I think that talking to people in person is one of the best things you can do for your Personal Learning Network. Since I have been working as a substitute teacher, I have met many wonderful teachers how are very interesting in giving me advice for my future classroom and helping me out. I have gotten many wonderful ideas from visiting their classrooms, asking them questions, and listening to their advice. I have several of their phone numbers and e-mail addresses, and having teachers just a phone call away will certainly be useful to me.

I personal think that my Personal Learning Network has expanded quite a bit since the beginning of the semester, and I hope it continues to do so. Being able to connect with other educators from around the world so easily is a wonderful thing, and I plan to take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment